Physiological Performance Testing
What is INSCYD?
INSCYD PPD ‘Virtual Lab’ is an advanced tool to analyse endurance performance and captures all the data you would get in a lab, and more, in a simple field test using power for cycling and pace for running; either on the road or a turbo trainer for cycling or on the trails or track running.
INSCYD creates a full metabolic performance profile of an athlete that includes:
- VLAmax (glycolytic capacity)
- VO2max (aerobic capacity)
- Anaerobic threshold (FTP)
- Fuel contribution (Fat vs. Carbohydrate combustion rates)
- Accumulation and recovery of lactate
- Aerobic vs. anaerobic energy contribution
- Fatmax & Carbmax
With this information your coach can further refine your training and improve performance using your unique metabolic profile; progression and performance are pinpointed to a world class level.
INSCYD field testing is comparable with lab accuracy; standard tolerance is on par with state-of-the-art lab testing, e.g. VO2max is within 2.5%, threshold is within 2.2%. These are in line with the most accurate metabolic carts; without requiring power meter conversions from lab to training equipment.
Remote testing using PPD:
- £195 – report with explanation*
- £270 – report with explanation & consultation to apply to your training.
*Coached riders receive a discount in line with their coaching programme and testing is applied to training; contact your coach for details.
Blood Lactate Testing:
Face to face blood lactate testing with the coach, including run testing, please contact us for details.
More detailed information is available on the INSCYD website